The purpose of the current website is to provide information to anyone interested in the products and services provided by Artialis SA. Following rules and conditions are applicable to the use of Artialis SA’s website. Each visitor is bound by these rules and conditions.
Artialis SA is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer personal data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and their utilisation.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website
- Where we obtain the personal data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with belgian and EU data protection laws (UE regulation 2016/79 from European Parliament of 04/27/16 about the protection of individuals with regard to be processing of personal data : General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
In the present document, « Artialis SA » (referred to as « we », « us », « our » or « Artialis ») in this policy primarily refers to Artialis SA.
Artialis S.A. is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about Artialis customers.
Access to the website
All information (i.e. text, files, images, video…) is made available to the visitor by Artialis SA for information purposes only.
Everybody interested can get acquainted with this information. However, Artialis SA reserves the right to change - whenever deemed necessary and without any previous warning - the rules and conditions related to the access of (parts of) the website.
Granting access to restricted sections of the Artialis SA website (by means of user names and passwords) can - at any time - be changed or refused by Artialis SA. No damages can ever be claimed for this from Artialis SA.
Liability with regard to the given information
The information on Artialis SA's website (i.e. texts, documents, images, databases...) is made available by Artialis SA. However, Artialis SA does not give any guarantees with regard to availability, deliverability, or adaptation for commercial or private use.
Therefore, Artialis SA cannot be held responsible for the use of the text, documents, images or other information of its website.
In order to facilitate visiting Artialis SA's website, links to other websites have been inserted. Visitors can use these links at their convenience.
Artialis SA cannot be held responsible for any damage, resulting from using these links as Artialis SA does not give any guarantees with regard to the use of third party websites, neither to their contents.
Any website visitor, who finds out that a link is not working properly, or is not working at all, can always report this to Artialis SA.
At any time, Artialis SA has the right to add new links or remove existing links.
Protection of intellectual rights
The logo and company name are protected by Artialis SA's copyrights. These cannot- under any circumstances - be reproduced or presented without Artialis SA's prior permission.
Artialis SA cannot be held responsible for information on its website, which might violate the intellectual rights of third parties.
Anyone who thinks their intellectual rights are being violated by improper use on Artialis SA's website, is requested to inform Artialis SA about this as soon as possible. The latter will then remove - at least temporary - those materials from its website.
What personal data we collect and how we proceed
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, number of your order and any information about your acces to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you visit our website, place an order, create an Artialis account, subscribe to the newsletter, or when you contact us. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- E-shop : To ensure the reception, shipping and invoicing of the kits, we need some of your personal data: title, first name, last name, email, phone number (optional).Your shipping and invoicing addresses are also necessary: company (if required) street, postal code, city, country, tax number (if required).
- Newsletters : first name, last name, email address
- Information related to our products and services
- Information about your use of our website
- The communications you exchange with us via letters, emails, calls, and social media
We collect personal data from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
We also collect non personal data about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the internet service provider’s utilised and other similar information.
We do not collect and process « sensitive » personal data such as biometric data, medical data etc.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use your data and delivered the products or services you asked for.
- To process transactions : we may use the information users provide when placing an order to service that order, as well as provide relevant information about our other products and services.
- Contacting you in the event of an order change or cancellation: we send you communications about the services/products you have asked for and any changes to such services/products. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of ;
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, and to personalise the services we offer to you ;
- Newsletter: we will contact you with a newsletter in an email. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our communication.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data for process an order, conclude an order, execute the order and send you our newsletters.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- You have consented to us using your personal data
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as an anonymous company (e.g. for administrative purposes or assessment of the evaluation of our platform for the continuous improvement of our services and products).
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict technical and organizational security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, unauthorised access, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
International Data Transfer
Countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always have strong data protection laws. We require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with EU law on data protection. We use standard means under EU law to legitimise data transfers outside the EEA.
Share of your personal data
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies in charge of the respect of the reglementation
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as call center of investigation center
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you
We do not sell, trade or rent users personal data.
Cookie and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your reservation. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Use of Google Analytics
The services contained in this section enable te owner to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of user behavior.
Google Analytics (« Google »)
: Google analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of this application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. The personal data collected are cookies and usage data. You can also visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
and also https://www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
. The last link refer to a plug-in which allows you to prevent Google from collecting data related to your utilisation of our website.
Remarketing and behavioural targeting
These services allow this application and its partner to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of this application by the user. This activity is performed y tracking usage data and by using cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioural targeting activity.
Adword Remarketing (« Google »)
: AdwordRemarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Google Inc. That connects the activity of this application with the Adword advertising network. The personal data collected are cookie and usage data. If you don’t want to receive ads based on your interest and/or oppose you from the collect and utilisation of your personal data, you can disable the utilisation of cookies by Google by visiting http://google.fr/settings/ads
Data Protection Officer
. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The privacy commission (https://www.privacycommission.be)
is the main supervisory authority for Artialis as Belgian data controller.
You can contact us with a contact form directly from our website. By filling in the contact form with their data, the users authorizes this application to use these details to reply to requests for information quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Your data protection rights
By law you have the right to:
If you want to exercise any of these rights, contact our DPO by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, which information and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of your personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. When the data are restricted, we can treated them only with your consent.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority as described in the previous point « Data Protection Officer ».
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.